The OHH fleet enables us to offer a wide range of service types. Each of our vehicles is designed in such a way that it will meet minimum performance criteria in each of its capabilities. This approach to fleet make up and design allows us unrivalled flexibility helping to ensure that we can deliver on our customer’s expectations in full, on time and in specification.
A summary of our transport capabilities is listed below, however such is our breadth of experience and network of trusted associates that we believe we are well positioned to handle any transport challenge placed before us.
What We Shift
- Material handling equipment including forklifts, reach trucks, container handlers, and reach stackers
- Access equipment including Knucklebooms and Scissorlifts
- Cranes, forestry equipment and agricultural harvesters
- Construction equipment including excavators, bulldozers, rollers, graders, dump trucks compactors
- In essence anything that can be lifted, winched or driven and will sit on a deck we can move
What We Use
- Scania, Mercedes Benz, Volvo and Kenworth Tractor units
- Kenworth 8x4 crane truck with removable flat deck/tractor unit
- Variety of 3 and 4 rows of 4, and rows of 8 low loader transporters and load divider
- Variety of semi –trailers and full trailer
- 4x2, 6x4, 8x4 rigid transporters – most with sliding decks for low clearance items
Standard Terms and Conditions of Trade
This contract is made between Orbit Heavy Haulage Ltd (“Orbit”) and the customer. Use of this account shall constitute acceptance of these terms and conditions, notwithstanding that the application has not been completed and/or signed on behalf of the customer.
It is the customer’s responsibility to price prior to ordering. Any instructions received by Orbit from the customer for the supply of services shall constitute acceptance of the terms and conditions contained herein.
Carriage to be at Limited Carriers Risk
All goods are carted by Orbit at Limited Carriers Risk as per the Carriage of Goods Act 1979. This means that in the event of any loss or damage to any goods Orbit’s liability is limited to the sum of $1500 for each unit of goods lost or damaged.
Insurance of the goods is the responsibility of the customer.
Ownership of Goods
The customer expressly warrants to Orbit that it is the owner or the authorised agent of the goods and that it is authorised to accept and does accept these conditions not only for itself but also for and on behalf of all other persons who are or may hereafter become interested in the goods.
Packing and Condition of Goods
The customer will ensure that all goods are correctly labelled where required and that they are sufficiently packaged and prepared for cartage.
Where a quotation is given by Orbit for products or services:
- The quote will be valid for thirty (30) days from the date of issue
- The quotation shall be exclusive of GST unless specially stated to the contrary
- Where no price is stated in writing or agreed to orally, the product and services shall be deemed the current rate as such products and services are sold by Orbit at the time of contract.
Right to Subcontract
Orbit reserves the right at all times to subcontract out any work to another carrier in which case these terms and conditions will apply as if the goods had been carried by Orbit.
Protection of Servants and Agents
The customer undertakes that no claim or allegation shall be made against any servant or agent of Orbit which attempts to impose on any of them any liability whatsoever in connection with the goods and, if any such claim or allegation should nevertheless be made, to indemnify Orbit and any such servant or agent against all consequence thereof.
Payment of Charges
Payment of services will be due on 20th day of the month following date of invoice. The customer agrees to pay for all purchases on receipt of a Monthly Statement.
Interest on overdue invoices will accrue from the date when payment becomes due until the date of payment at a compounding rate 0f 2.5% per calendar month. The Customer agrees to notify Orbit within seven (7) days of receipt of invoice of any errors in billing. Failure to do so signifies total acceptance and responsibility to for prompt payment in full of the account.
If the customer defaults in payment of any invoice when due, the customer shall indemnify Orbit from, and against all costs and disbursements incurred in pursuing the debt, including legal costs of a solicitor and own client basis and Orbit’s collection agency costs.
Actions against the Company
The company shall be under no liability whatsoever unless written notice of any claim giving full particulars of any alleged damage or destruction is received by Orbit within seven (7) days after the delivery of the goods or in the case of loss of the goods, within fourteen (14) days of the date of dispatch.
Orbit shall be under no liability whatsoever to the customer for any indirect loss and/or expense (including loss of profit) suffered by the customer arising out of a breach by Orbit of these terms and conditions.
Neither party shall be liable for any default due to any act of God, terrorism, war, strike, lockout, industrial action, flood, storm or other event beyond the reasonable control of the other party.
Where Orbit has not received or been tendered the whole of the price, or payment has been dishonoured, Orbit shall have
- A lien on the goods delivered
- The right to retain them for the delivery price while Orbit is in possession of them.
Orbit reserves the right to correct any typographical errors in any prices quoted or contained in an order, quotation or invoice.